- Duration – 1/2 day
- Max Numbers – n/a
- Cost – €45 per person
- Update on current Legal Requirements
- Aim and objectives.
- Employers and Employees obligations in relation to manual handling at work
- Structure and function of the spine.
- Causes of back pain.
- How to avoid backache.
- Methods of lifting/putting down, carrying, loading, unloading, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Practical demonstration of all manual handling techniques
- Dealing with different types of loads at work.
- Alternative methods of moving loads at work.
- Evaluation of training.
On successful completion of this course, participants will have a better understanding of ergonomics, legal requirements and best practices to reduce the risk of injury.
Cert & Assessment
Theory and practical demonstration required, on successful completion of this course ASafe Solutions will issue Certificates to each delegate, which are valid for 3 years.